The User Interface Designer for the Software Development Team will work under the direction of the Software Development Project Manager (PM), with significant input and direction provided by the Company’s CEO and/or CTO. The UI Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing and presenting applications, project artifacts and deliverables for software and website applications to engineers and project stakeholders. They are expected to take ideas from concept to reality by working with key stakeholders to understand and design what is possible within the constraints of the project.
- Verify features to begin wireframes utilizing feedback obtained to redesign wireframes as necessary provide intended features.
- Create multiple wireframes to showcase creative ways of providing intended features.
- Consider Section 508 Accessibility Requirements in all designs.
- Attend, participate and give useful feedback and suggestions in all planning meetings.
- Actively work on short and long-term projects, completing by the assigned deadlines, in conjunction with the performance of daily work requirements with little to no supervision.
- Share ideas which aid in the Department’s creative process.
- Continue professional development by working on more advanced projects and concepts, and by keeping up to date in best practices and trends in UI Design, and design utilizing best practices.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in User Experience or User Interface Design, or an equivalent of education and practical experience.
- Have experience in UI/UX design in an application development environment, preferably 2-4 years of experience
- Successful track record for working with software development projects with minimal direction.
- Solid ability to use the necessary design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Sketch, Invision
- Must maintain a generally positive attitude and outlook towards our Company, our projects and our team.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and InDesign required.
- Applications experience with Storyboarding, Wireframing and Process Flow Diagramming software preferred.
- Previous use of JIRA or similar software to track tasks to completion preferred.
- Typical professional office environment
- Lifting up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Office environment 95%, travel 5%
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or carry, and reach with hands and arms.
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee to be successful in this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Careers at Dealer Online Marketing offer a competitive compensation package along with a full suite of benefits to full-time employees which include optional health insurance for which the Company shares in the cost of the employee premium, dental and vision insurance, and Company paid life insurance. All full-time employees earn paid time off upon hire which annualizes at 14 days per calendar year (with rollover for unused vacation) and increases through a tiered years-of-service plan. In addition to paid time off, the Company provides seven paid holidays per year.
Each employee participates in the creation of their professional development plan tailored to their growth and development needs and desires. The Company then supports this development plan through training, mentoring and coaching.
The Company hosts a Town Hall meeting monthly where we recognize anniversaries and employee contributions, share a Company-provided meal and collaborate on issues important to our employees and our clients. In addition, we hold several extended employee events throughout the year where our employees can relax, have a meal and have fun (check out our website at www.dom360.com for photos).
Questions? Contact our HR Department at Careers@DOM360.com.